I have been thought about how to make re scene using one of those directors that I chose when my idea went click!
I decide to re scene from the Switched At Birth film which is based in US. This film is involve deaf and hearing actress who use ASL (America Sign Language)- I can use some deaf friends in Deaf Academy and try to look for the hearing actor who use British Sign Language.
PRE PRODUCTION: Before I start to filming, I create the plan using the sheet of ‘Film Scene Details’ that include some media keyword:
WEEK 1: MONDAY 28TH- TUESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2015:
- Finish the script and give it to Joel who would be act as Daphne.
- Continue work on storyboard
- Other actor who would be Bay, was unable to do filming because she have to go to her friend’s party.
- Luckily Joel have other friend who live in Teighmouth can do acting. Unfortunately Teighmouth is the small place and is difficult to find the house to borrow for filming.
- I decide to use my bedroom in Academy- this mean i have to say the staffs for permission.
WEDNESDAY 30TH OCTOBER 2015:
- Nearly finish with storyboard (finish with the drawing and during of the film)- I need to add the script on the storyboard so I can use it for subtitle.
- Add some information in the blog.
- Been ask the staffs in the Academy about the filming- they say yes.
THURSDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2015: Checklist blog
RESEARCH MY CHOSEN DIRECTOR: Switched At Birth 3X22 (Yuletide Fortune Tellers) name is Michael Grossman.
DETAILED ANALYSIS OF MY CHOSEN SCENE:
REASON OF MY CHOSEN SCENE TO RE MAKE:
- It is simply a conversation between Daphne and Bay
- It is a simple clip and easy to produce.
- Most deaf young people love to watch this.
- I want to create more deaf TV and film programmes for deaf actors in the UK in future as these are rare.
- Also I would like to create more of mainstream programmes with the deaf and hearing actor
PRE PRODUCTION OF SWITCHED AT BIRTH:
A) PRODUCTION SCHEDULE:
C) STORYBOARD ( Switched at Birth- 3×22) :
E) RISK ASSESSMENT:
SUNDAY 4TH OCTOBER 2015: There was bit change of plan for filming. Because my chosen actor, Rachel, was busy yesterday she agree to come at Academy at about 11.30am for practice and acting.
*I decide to use the two different sets for filming: one part is a lounge room at downstair which is bit darker which similar to the film and other part is my bedroom.
At lunchtime, i give the script to Rachel for practice with Joel while I set the camera equipment and put the Christmas decoration in the lounge room to make it similar as my chosen clip.
At about 2pm we’re ready to filming and it was hard working for us. Because i don’t use the expert actor, I had to improve their facial expression but I thought they did really well. However I and Joel help Rachel to improve her sign language- again she did well!
At about 3pm we had a short break before we went to upstair to my bedroom. After the filming, we were exhaust and went to downstair for eating the roast food before Rachel’s dad pick her up.
In conclusion I think Rachel and Joel did well with facial expression while filming. For me, I think my filming is not same as my chosen clip because some angles are not match but I think I give it a best shot.
Note: I don’t use meeting sheet because I am working on creating film alone.
FRIDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2015: DEADLINE
At morning I checked on my editing with James and add some subtitle to finish it. Later James told us class that we need to practice with PowerPoint about our chosen director for Thursday 15th October 2015 before we moving out to focus on TV/radio adverts.
Website link for Switched At Birth link: https://youtu.be/A0I5JS6V50Y